Hello, Tigette Parents,
Below are the highlights from our booster club meeting from Monday. Full minutes will be posted on the website and google drive later this week. Please let me know if you have questions.
OCTOBER BOOSTER CLUB HIGHLIGHTS 10/01/18
1. Tulsa State Fair - On going, If you are unable to work the shift(s) you signed up for please bypass the signup genius and contact Jan Trull, 918-270-3323
2. Papa Murphy’s - General Fund Fundraising-# dates coming up for girls to participate at the location, in uniform to solicit/encourage sales, Tigettes will receive % for general fund. Meag to get on calendar and make flyers, will need to advertise on Peachtree also.
Varsity- Oct 11th.
JV- Nov 8th
8th grade- Dec 11th
3. Oktoberfest-Oct. 17th-21st - Sign up Genius is out, Tigettes can work entrance ticket sales. Tigettes wear uniform or a black Tigette t-shirt but will need to change when attending the event.
4. Poinsettias- We will be holding a poinsettia sale late October, will be like flower sale, take order and money, then receive plants a week later
5. Candles in December - We will be holding a candle sale in early December, they were a big hit last year. Take orders and money, then receive candles for distribution
DTU & ASCE Home Competitions
We will be hosting home competitions at BA Field House on Nov 17 & Dec. and will need many to sign up to help. If you would like to be on the Competition committee, please contact Krystal as we are still in the planning stages. Sign-ups to come soon. We will sell vendor tables as we did last year, concessions, shout-outs, etc. Krystal scheduling planning meeting, Terri to document and start vendor table sales process.
Warm ups-Please be patient, Coach Warren is working on it!!
Attendance-Coach Warren is noticing more absences that are not excused. If your child is not going to be at a require event, which is practice, workouts, acro, game, community service, parade, etc. They are required to fill out an absence form, which can be found on the team app and website. Each child gets 5 absences but must fill out an absence form.
Injuries/Dr. Notes-If your child is suffering from an injury and unable to participate in daily activities such as workouts, running or practices, they must have a note from a doctor or the trainers. Please note that the trainers at the Varsity Center are there for our daughters. If they are experiencing any kind of pain while performing, please have them see the trainers. They are available from 7:15-6pm M-F, however, they are busy with football from 1pm-3pm. The girls need to take care of their bodies!!
Please have your daughter communicate with their coaches regarding injuries or illness!! They are not able to read minds!
August Booster Club Highlights
1. Team Photos-August 4th, 8 am, Rhema, westside by the bridge, $25 for the individual pics. Team photos will be taken as well, if you are not present, then you won’t be in the team/group photo
2. Yearbook/program pics for Varsity and JV-August 17th, 2:30, more info to come
3. Daddy Daughter bowling, August 4th, 1pm, Broken Arrow Lanes, $10 each, no moms allowed, there will be one mom present to take pics, please use the sign up genius, so we have an accurate head count
4. MANADATORY PARENT MEETING-August 6th, 6:30pm, Varsity Club, also Ice Cream Social, sign up to bring something on the Team App under Tigette News. One parent and tigette must attend.
5. I will be sending out game schedule and water/snack sign up soon! JV’s 1stgame is August 27th at 6:30, HS Stadium
6. Come out and support our hard-working moms for the Mom Dance, August 10th at 7pm, free to get in
7. Ma and Pa Kettle Corn Fundraiser-Starts Aug 6th run for 2 weeks, girls will earn $2.50 for each bag they sell
8. Sedan Fall Flowers-Aug13th-29th, Turn in money in on the 29th at Westwood 4-6pm, Delivery scheduled for Sept 12th, girls will earn 50% of sale (with a few exceptions on big mix pot)
9. Working on some restaurant nights-more info to come
10. Back to School shirt sale-sign ups coming out soon-tigettes can sell during evening hours, girls will earn a % of sale on every shirt they sale
11. Tulsa State Fair-Steak Fingers Booth- Sept 27th-Oct 7th-need participation!
12. MANADTORY DRUG TESTING- August 11th from 8-10am, at HS Stadium, $20, please hydrate on way, so you don’t have to sit there all morning!! You will not be allowed to participate in any events until you have submitted a urine sample for testing
13. School Participation forms-an email was sent to parents that need to fill out or finish the forms required by the school, please get those finished, otherwise your daughter cannot participate in events
14. Home Camp-Aug 6th-Aug 10th from 9am-12pm at Oneta Ridge Middle School-this is a closed camp, parents are not allowed to stay or watch
15. Girls will get poms at camp, please use the pom pony and not shove the poms into your bag!
16. Warm ups will be coming in September, please be patient! I know the girls are excited for all the bling!!
17. Coach Warren will be doing bag checks at camp on Wednesday, she will put out what needs to be in the bag on Monday,
18. Camp Apparel
a. Monday-Black Tigette T-shirt, black shorts, black bow, sidelines
b. Tuesday-White tank, grey capris, white bow, sidelines
c. Wednesday-Watermelon outfit, pink bow, sidelines
d. Thursday-Spirit Day
e. Friday-Pajama Day
Its time to start working on summer hours! Tigettes are required to complete a certain nyumber of hours each summer where they are 1.) Dancing or 2.) Conditioning. Sheets are at the weightroom and at westwood. I have included a link to print one off yourself. Times, date, class and signature are required. The class must last ATLEAST 45min to count.
Any Tigette interesting in coaching a youth team needs to fill out the application below and turn in to Coach Warren by June 1st. Coaches are paid for choreography and work with teams 1st - 7th grade.
This form is for friends and family who would like to purchase a Tigette hat. The cost per hat is $15. Hats will be received before camp. (all tigettes will receive one with their camp gear). You will see your hat purchases on your June invoices. Please submit payment by July 1st.
This form is for Tigettes who would like to purchase a Tigette Decal. They can be placed on windows, cars, binders, walls, decor boards, etc. The cost per decal is $8. Decals will be received before camp. You will see your decal purchases on your June invoices. Please submit payment by July 1st.
We are so blessed to offer scholarships this season again to our Tigettes! If you would like to be considered please complete the form using the link below. All entries must be submitted by June 1st. The scholarship committee will meet and review cases and disperse scholarships based on need. All entries reviewed will remain anonymous and only the Tigette Director and treasurers will see names and scholarship amounts.
Please email BATigettes@gmail.com with questions.
Good Morning Parents!
Our state dance competition offers scholarships to athletes in need. They range from $100-$500. If you would like to apply please email me (BATigettes@gmail.com) and answer the following questions:
Dance Team Name
1 Paragraph Explanation as to why you would like to be considered/accolades your daughter has received, etc.
All submissions are DUE May 4th, 2018. They do NOT except late submissions.
All Tigettes MUST have a physical dated after May 1st, 2018!
Tigettes MUST turn in their physicals by June 1st to the athletic department. Tigettes who do NOT have theirs turned in by June 1st will not be allowed to participate until it is completed.
FROM THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT:
It’s that time of year again with our annual sports physicals. We ask that you strongly encourage your student athletes to come to the BA sports physicals- by coming to our physicals we will already have your athlete’s physical on file for next school year, it will lessen your responsibility of turning in physicals! Also, you can be reassured that it will be done on the correct physical form.
***Please remember physicals for the summer activity and 18-19 school year must be dated after May 1, 2018. (this is a OSSAA rule not BA)***
BAPS Athletic Physicals
Date: Monday, May 7th 2018
Time: 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: BAHS Tiger Fieldhouse (enter the front doors)
Cost: $20 (no insurance card needed)
This is for the 2018-2019 school year/season.
RT 728 will start at Childers go to Oliver then drop at Centennial.
RT 130 will start at Oneta Ridge, go to BAHS, to BAFA, to Sequoyah, and drop at Centennial.